Monday, January 31, 2011

SHOT SHOW Recap

So, it almost over for another year
I am talking about the laryngitis and broken ankle here.

SHOT has been over for a week now.
Now to spin up for the Airsoft Expo in High Point.

But 1st lets recap SHOT 2011

Setup was better this year and it was easier to find your way around the floor
The numbers on the floor in front of each booth was very helpful.

I think the attendance by airsoft companies was down a little, 
was it due to the crackdowns on trademark infringements, the economy?

All the airsoft booths I made it to were top notch in display and professionalism,
You can't tell any difference between airsoft and real steel anymore.
(Gone are the days of my pegboard display at SHOT 1986, crap like that just won't cut it anymore.)

I am happy to see there is a lot more acceptance of Airsoft as a whole.
We still have some die-hard haters, but looking at the big picture, we have come a long way.

The new bloods in the airsoft media are surprising me every day.
The quality of the video's, interviews and print media I have seen come out so far has been astounding.
The Real Steel media could learn some new tricks watching these guys products.

As always SHOT has posted numbers that show that this year was the best one yet.
I always take that with a grain of salt, but I think this year they were right.

If you are going to Las Vegas and want a tip, here it is,
eat at the Treasure Island Buffet.
For 20 some bucks they have the best food on the strip.
( come on, you've seen pictures of me, you know I can eat)

Other than that, I can't help you.
every time I am in LV it's for a show, so I see the convention center and the hotel, that's it.

Now, here is a video that my fellow NC buddy Thumpy posted
Make sure your stomach is steeled and there are no small children watching,
there are images of me in it.


Next, the big boss of the company I work for riding the bull at Gilly's  
Somehow I can't see any other CEO of a lighting companies doing this.

(And no, I did not ride it. 
If you have read the blog at all you know i can get hurt crawling out of bed)
On a strange note,  a flying monkey bobble head appeared from UPS today.
Doug got one too, with no idea has to who sent them.
Never tell your friends your fears, they will haunt you




 I knew there was a reason for him

A tough looking biker was riding his Harley when he sees a girl about to Jump off a bridge
so he stops.

 
"What are you doing?" he asks.
"I'm going to commit a suicide," she says.
While he did not want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an opportunity and he asked,
"Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?"
So, she does.
After she's finished the biker says, "Wow!  That was the best kiss I have ever had!  That's a real talent you are wasting!  You could be famous!  Why are you committing suicide?"
"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl....."

 Rest in peace number 1885724


 Some times you need to take off the cool shades.


Till Tomorrow
Stay thirsty my Friends.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment