Monday, September 6, 2010

I have lost a week!

Sorry Guys,
I promised some pic's and more testing on the Winchester, 
but life got in the way.
Too much real work, not enough play time, makes Tim a dull boy.
I found out yesterday that the person that could be considered the "Father" of Airsoft in the US was killed in a plane crash December of last year.
 
Larry Littlefield had the 1st true catalog of paintball guns and Airsoft back in the halcyon days of 1986.
Larry was a true Airsoft buff, I bought a TM Walther MPK from him and after two phone conversations,
 I was heading to SHOT Show in New Orleans to show off Airsoft for the 1st time to the general public.
 
I then moved to the Panhandle of FL to work many a late night getting out catalog #2 
( this is pre desktop publishing days!)
We tested guns from sunup till sundown on a airfield for weeks so that the catalog would have accurate specs in it for distance,
 FPS and accuracy.
 
( Because Larry was the "Father", I guess I was the "uncle" of Airsoft, you know, the one that bomb's into town once a year in the Cadillac convertible, takes you out bar hopping and gets you into trouble, you know, the fun one) 
 
I look back now at those days with fond memories,
 as we all look back and forget the stuff that sucked.
(First gen apple crashes that took out the data base after 3 days of entering data, 
working 16 hrs a day to get inventory received, pre bar code)
 
I saw were Larry was playing in airsoft games, at 60, the man was a true believer.
Command Post will always be a high point in my work history , I left there to move on to real steel jobs,
but I can still say,
" Back in my day son, 
we had to cock our airsoft guns, 
you kids got it easy"
 
I will try and get the catalog scanned in soon, it should bring back some flashbacks for you older guys 
.
Now, screw it, let laugh
A married couple is driving along a highway doing a steady 60 miles per hour. The wife is behind the wheel. Her husband suddenly looks across at her and speaks in a clear voice. 'I know we've been married for twenty years, but I want a divorce.'



The wife says nothing,
Keeps looking at the road ahead but slowly increases her speed to 65 mph. The husband speaks again. 'I don't want you to try and talk me out of it,' He says, 'because I've been having an affair with your best friend, And she's a far better lover than you are.'

Again the wife stays quiet, But grips the steering wheel more tightly and slowly increases the speed to
75 He pushes his luck. 'I want the house,' he says insistently...

Up to
80. 'I want the car, too,' he continues, and at 85 mph he says: 'And, I'll have the bank accounts, all the credit cards and the boat!'

The car slowly starts veering towards a massive concrete bridge. This makes him nervous, so he asks her, 'Isn't there anything you want?'


The wife at last replies in a quiet and controlled voice.
'No, I've got everything I need,' she says.
'Oh, really,' he inquires, 'so what have you got?'




Just before they slam into the wall at
85 mph,the wife turns to him and smiles. 'The airbag.' 
 
 
 
A young cowboy from Wyoming goes off to college. Half way through the semester, he has foolishly squandered all his money, so he calls home.

"Dad," he says, "You won't believe what modern education is developing! They actually have a program here in Laramie that will teach our dog, Ol' Blue, how to talk!"

"That's amazing," his Dad says. "How do I get Ol' Blue in that program?"

"Just send him down here with $1,000," the young cowboy says. "I'll get him in the course."

So, his father sends the dog and $1,000.

About two-thirds of the way through the semester, the money again runs out. The boy calls home.

"So how's Ol' Blue doing son?" his father asks.

"Awesome, Dad, he's talking up a storm," he says, "but you just won't believe this - they've had such good results they have started to teach the animals how to read!"

"Read!?" says his father, "No kidding! How do we get Blue in that program?"

"Just send $2,500, and I'll get him in the class."



The money promptly arrives. But our cowboy has a problem. At the end of the year, his father will find out the dog can neither talk, nor read. So he shoots the dog.

When he arrives home at the end of the year, his father is all excited. "Where's Ol' Blue? I just can't wait to see him read something and talk!"

"Dad," the boy says, "I have some grim news. Yesterday morning, just before we left to drive home, Ol' Blue was in the living room, kicked back in the recliner, reading the Wall Street Journal, like he usually does. Then he turned to me and asked, "So, is your daddy still messing around with that little redhead who lives down the street?"

The father exclaimed, "I hope you shot that rotten liar before he talks to your Mother!"

"I sure did, Dad!"

"That's my boy!"

The kid went on to law school, and now serves in Washington D.C. as a Congressman
 
 
The teacher gave her fifth grade class an assignment:
Get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.
 
The next day, the kids came back and, one by one, began to tell their stories.
There were all the regular types of stuff: spilled milk and pennies saved.
But then the teacher realized, much to her dismay, that only Janie was left.
“Janie, do you have a story to share?'
''Yes ma'am. My daddy told me a story about my Mommy.
She was a Marine pilot in Desert Storm, and her plane got hit.
She had to bail out over enemy territory, and all
She had was a flask of whiskey, a pistol, and a survival knife.
She drank the whiskey on the way down so the bottle wouldn't
Break, and then her parachute landed her right in the middle of 20 Iraqi troops.
She shot 15 of them with the pistol, until she ran out of bullets,
Killed four more with the knife, till the blade broke,
And then she killed the last Iraqi with her bare hands.
 
''Good Heavens,' said the horrified teacher.
'What did your Daddy tell you was the moral to this horrible story?
 "Stay away from Mommy when she's been drinking."
 
 
Two great white sharks,  swimming in the ocean, spied survivors of a sunken ship.

"Follow  me, son." the father shark said to the son shark and they swam to the  mass of people.
"First we swim around them a few times with  just the tip of our fins showing." And they did.
"Well  done, son! Now we swim around them a few more times with all of  our fins showing." And they did.
 "Now we eat everybody."  And they did.
When they were both gorged, the son asked,  "Dad, why didn't we just eat them all at first?
 Why did  we swim around and around them?
 His wise father  replied,
 "Because they taste better without the shit  inside!"
 

 
A Little 10-year-old girl was walking home, alone, from school one day,
 when a big man on a black motorcycle pulls up beside her. After
 following along for a while, turns to her and asks, "Hey there little
 girl, do you want to go for a ride?"
 "NO!" says the little girl as she keeps on walking.
 The motorcyclist again pulls up beside her and asks, "Hey little girl,
 I will give you $10 if you hop on the back."
 "NO!" says the little girl as she hurries down the street.
 The motorcyclist pulls up beside the little girl again and says, "Okay
 kid, my last offer! I'll give you 20 Bucks" and a Big Bag of Candy if
 you will just hop on the back of my bike and we will go for a ride."
 Finally, the little girl stops and turns towards him and Screams Out...
 "Look Dad" "You’re the one who bought the Honda instead of the Harley
 "YOU RIDE IT!" 
 
Remember if your job sucks, 
at least you don't have this guys
Till Tomorrow,
Stay Thirsty my Friends
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment